- This site is intended for US residents age 18 and older.
- This site is for US residents age 18 and older
- View Healthcare Professional Site
- In a clinical study of 152 genotype 3 There are 6 different genotypes of the Hep C virus.3 Some genotypes are harder to treat than others. Genotype 3 is sometimes considered the most difficult.4,5 chronic Hep C patients treated with Daklinza plus sofosbuvir for 12 weeks, nearly
9 in 10 (89%)were cured1
- In another study of 153 chronic HCV patients also infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) treated for
12 weekswith Daklinza plus sofosbuvir, 97% with genotype 1 –and 100% with genotype 3 – achieved a Hep C cure1
- In still another study, 82% of genotype 1 patients with advanced cirrhosis and 95% of those who had just received a liver transplant were cured (when treated with Daklinza plus sofosbuvir and ribavirin for 12 weeks)1
Please see more information on these studies on the About Daklinza page.
References: 1. Daklinza [package insert]. Princeton, NJ: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. 2. AASLD/IDSA/IAS-USA. When and in whom to initiate HCV therapy. Recommendations for testing, managing, and treating hepatitis C. http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/when-and-whom-initiate-hcv-therapy. Accessed November 19, 2015. 3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Hepatitis C FAQs for health professionals. http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/hcvfaq.htm. Accessed November 19, 2015. 4. Tapper EB, Afdhal NH. Is 3 the new 1: perspectives on virology, natural history and treatment for hepatitis C genotype 3. J Virol Hepat. 2013;20:669-677. 5. Bochud PY. Genotype 3 is associated with accelerated fibrosis progression in chronic hepatitis. J Hepatal. 2009;51:655-666.
More Important Safety Information
SELECTED IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Have liver problems other than hepatitis C infection; have had a liver transplant; have heart problems; or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed. It is not known if Daklinza will harm your unborn baby or pass into your breast milk. When taking Daklinza in combination with sofosbuvir and ribavirin, tell your healthcare provider right away if you or your female sexual partner become pregnant. Males and females on this regimen should also read the ribavirin Medication Guide for important pregnancy, contraception, and infertility information.